Wednesday, 24 September 2014

My Word Work Program

So, I was talking with my colleagues during our carpool to work today and I'm pretty sure we're going to look at early literacy and word work as our Collaborative Inquiry. After school, I gave a quick tutorial to another colleague about how to score Words Their Way assessments.

I love my word work program and my kids do, too. I've started to create my own resources, too, as well as keeping my traditional manipulatives (word wall, dictionaries, stamps, stickers, foam letters, string, etc.). The kids appreciate the choices when they're assigned this centre.

Today, I tried out my new resource. Students read the words at the top and graph how frequently they find them. They loved it! It was a good way to introduce Data Management concepts, too.

 Read and Graph Pre-Primer Dolch Sight Words

All of my students are currently at the Dolch Pre-Primer level. I will be creating adapted resources for the other levels shortly - and for Words Their Way groupings, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment